I have to say that when people are talking on their phones while driving, they really don't pay attention. I try and remember to charge my Bluetooth head set and bring it with me but don't remember some of the time.
I see at least once a day someone not paying attention on their phones and either sit at the light or almost cause an accident. Just the other day I had stopped to let someone turn and after waving to them to go decided to continue as they sat there talking on the phone. I like the idea of some of the new vehicles out there that offer a Bluetooth connection right through the car stereo. This allows hands free operation of the phone and drivers can concentrate more on the driving. I have started thinking about purchasing a new vehicle and this feature is a must.
I use a Jabra Stone2 head set which tells you who or what number is calling, you have the option to speak "answer" or "ignore" for the call. This option is great because you don't have to take your eyes off the road to look at the phone. Among other features this headset works great (not that I am trying to make sales). With third party apps you can do anything with the phone with just speaking commands, make calls, write emails or text, make calendar entries etc.
Hands free, is the way to go when driving. There are many options out there for hands free devices that are reasonable in cost. This is a small price to pay considering what could happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment