Thursday, February 10, 2011

I think that people are actually so consumed in the internet and the multiple ways of communicating people are forgetting how to have a conversation. With the texting lingo and abbreviations kids today are forgetting how to spell correctly. Today it is very rare that you see a face to face conversation anymore. When kids get their cell phones the only time you see or hear from them is through a text. Facebook has been a large part of communication problems, I am not a huge fan and you won’t see me posting comments on my facebook page. I would much rather pick up the phone or met with you in person rather than communicating through electronic mail, texting or social sites. On the other hand the internet makes it easier to stay in touch with friends and family that live to far away to visit. I keep in touch with family members that live around the United States with a web cam.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even understand the lingo of children these days and i'm only 25!!! My generation started it when cell phones just started to become "normal". Everyone past time was playing "snake" during class, not texting or checking status'. Only a short 8 or so years later and its evolved into a totally different animal....kind of makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete