Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dreaded Spring clean-up arrives soon!

As I sit here these past few days I look outside at my yard and realized that spring clean-up will need to be done soon. As the snow melts I can see the leaves that were not picked up last fall. The mud where there use to be grass that now needs to be reseeded. I have realized that it is almost impossible to keep the grass growing with the dog and kids running around. I will have to devote a lot of time to get the nice lawn that I once had. The best part is having a friend that is coming over with the tractor and equipment to get started.

Last year we replaced the old wooden fence, which we now use for firewood in our new fire pit, with a larger chain link fence to keep the puppy in the yard. So far so good, but puppies like to dig! We also planted new shrubs along the property line to create privacy from the neighbor. If they ever grow my wife will be happy!

My yard is not that big so it will not take too long to get it cleaned up. We should be able to get it done in a few weekends, so it will leave plenty of time for fishing!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I just laid down the Scott's Weed and Feed this past weekend and thankfully we have had some rain since then. I fortunately do not have to worry about snow as much as you do, if any at all. I still have to trim the trees and setup my hammock for my relaxing after mowing time. You will have to try to make it down to Louisiana to fish in the Fisherman's Paradise. Just be careful not to eat the one's ingesting oil!

    ReplyDelete