I have been planning a trip that my family will be going on this summer. After doing this week’s assignment I wish I knew about javascript earlier. I the plans for the trip started out as my family and as of today we have 12 other families joining us. I have been sending emails, making phone calls and texting to try and track down the families that are interested in going. Javascript would have come in handy because I could have set up a site that all families can go to and possibly add their own information. I also could use JotForm.com to set up a form where the families could add their information and send it to me. The website could be used for the participating families to check out any new information added about the hotel, the amusement park, ticket prices etc. I have a spreadsheet with all the information that could be incorporated as well. This would have saved me so much time.
After just alittle taste of javascript this week I am thinking that I might look into taking a course on javascript. There is so much more that you can do with Javascript that you can'y do with HTML.
Hi Kevin,
ReplyDeleteI agree. I've taken part in trips like that and I, just like you, wished that any changes or new information could be put in a central location for all to see. It's alot easier than calling 5 or 6 people and emailing the rest just to find out that someone isn't coming or they will be a little late.
Great idea!